Join the UI Health Team. Become a CHAMPION.
Develop your health advocacy & health professional skillsets with
UI Health's CHAMPIONS Virtual Summer Program!
This Summer 2021, CHAMPIONS students will have a direct impact on the health of patients and communities recovering from COVID-19 while gaining valuable professional experience!
What should I expect as a participant?
• 6-week virtual summer internship program, ~20 hours per week
• Participation stipend included
• Work-based learning and public health curriculum
• Team-building and collaborative problem solving
• Optional onsite volunteer opportunities in non-clinical setting during summer 2021
• Additional 2021-2022 school year programming (Students should expect to participate in CHAMPIONS programming once a week during the School year)
Who is eligible to participate?
•Students currently enrolled in a Chicago high school (not currently serving suburban students). Must NOT be graduating in 2021.
•16 years or older only
•All students regardless of immigration status*
•Underrepresented minorities interested in a future in healthcare are strongly encouraged to apply
* Holders of a foreign or undocumented immigration status may apply and will be accepted. However, additional payment eligibility requirements will apply for legal-status foreign nationals. Unfortunately, undocumented students without DACA are inelegible for payment at this time.
CHAMPIONS teach bystander CPR at a health fair
When are the important dates?
• Application period: April 1st - May 7th, 2021
• Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis
• Summer program: July 5th - Aug 13th, 2020
How do I apply?
• Application includes online form, parent permission, one teacher recommendation, and a virtual interview.
• Virtual Interviews will occur on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
• Access the application below.
Who do I contact with questions?
• Contact the CHAMPIONS office at firstname.lastname@example.org