Slow the Pandemic. Become a CHAMPION.
Develop your health advocacy skillset with UI Health's CHAMPIONS Virtual Summer Program
What should I expect as a participant?
• 6-week virtual summer internship program, ~20 hours per week
• Participation stipend
• Work-based learning and public health curriculum
• Team-building and collaborative problem solving
• Optional onsite volunteer opportunities in non-clinical setting
• Additional 2020-2021 school year programming
This Summer 2020, CHAMPIONS students will have a direct impact on the health of patients and communities recovering from COVID-19 while gaining valuable professional experience!
Who is eligible to participate?
• Students from CHAMPIONS partners including: Instituto/IHSCA, UIC College Prep, Senn, Orr, and CPS schools with Health Science CTE Pathway
• 16 years or older
• U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or DACA recipient*
• Underrepresented minorities interested in a future in healthcare are strongly encouraged to apply
* Holders of an alternative immigration status may apply and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
CHAMPIONS teach bystander CPR at a health fair
When are the important dates?
• Application period: May 25 - June 5, 2020 (Extended to June 9th)
• Summer program: July 6 - Aug 14, 2020
How do I apply?
• Application includes online form, parent permission, one teacher recommendation, and a virtual interview.
• Virtual Interviews will occur on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit their apps as early as possible.
• Access the application below.
Who do I contact with questions?
• Contact the CHAMPIONS office at email@example.com